Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Use what you have!




Do you find yourself heading towards the kitchen with the intentions of whipping up something nice only to find you are missing an ingredient?

Have you ever seen a REALLY cute craft on another blog but when you try to recreate it yourself, it only ended in despair because of lack of supplies?

Do covet those super cute, artsy-looking, Anthropologie-style clothing but would have to sell your first born to get them?

What about your home or apartment? Do you feel like having a prettily decorated place is out of your reach?

Are you feeling resentful or discouraged because your budget is preventing you from living "The Good Life"?

Well then, welcome my friend!

This blog came about after the last minute decision to host my family's Christmas (all 11 of us!) at my home for four days. It was the first time we had hosted anything like this and it came at a "bad" time for us. You see, my husband had just started law school a few months before and our income had shrunk considerably. It also came at the end of the month, which as we all know is when we have the least amount of money in our bank accounts! But I thought it would be so much fun, we plowed ahead with the idea!

Throughout the planning of the holiday season, when faced with a decision to buy something, I found myself saying "what do I have already?" or "what's in my cupboards that will do the trick?". We even suggested using this principle towards gift-giving. So after a VERY successful Christmas (which did not break the bank!) I thought there should be a place where we can all encourage one another with our frugal resourcefulness.

So this blog was born!

I'll be happy to post as many of my projects as possible but I want to hear from y'all too! If you have a great project that you worked on, let me know and maybe we can arrange for a guest post!

This is going to be so much fun, I can feel it in my bones!

(photo-CountryLiving)

No comments:

Post a Comment